Klinik Farma – The Proclamation Manuscript Statement Museum or Proclamation Manuscript Museum is currently under discussion because PDI Perjuangan questions its use for the declaration of the PAN Golkar PKB and the Gerindra coalition.
It is believed that the announcement of the presidential election support group Prabowo Subianto should not have been made in a museum that has a long history of the independence of the Republic of Indonesia.
The Proclamation Writing Museum is a museum located at Jalan Imam Bonjol 1, Menteng, Jakarta. Previously, during the Japanese occupation, this street was called Meiji Dori.
The museum building used to be the residence of Rear Admiral Tadashi Maeda. Tadashi Maeda was a high-ranking officer in the Imperial Japanese Navy in the Dutch East Indies during the Pacific War.
This museum was originally designed as the first Garden City building in Indonesia, to be precise by the Dutch in 1910. The building has an area of 3914 meters and a building area of 1138 square meters.
This European-style building was built by the Dutch in 1920. Until, finally, Japan entered Indonesia and occupied it during the Pacific War.
At that time, Rear Admiral Maeda served as communications chief for the Imperial Japanese Navy and Army. On August 16, 1945, Maeda allowed this site to be made the site for the composition of the text of the Indonesian proclamation.
The text of the appeal was developed by Sukarno, Ahmad Subarjo, Moh. Hatta and Sayuti Melik as typists. Then, based on the measurement letter no. 955 dated 21 December 1931, this building was owned by PT Asuransi Jiwasraya, formerly Nederlandsch Indische Levensverzekering en Lijfrente Maatschappij van 1859.
This building changed its function several times until it finally became the Proclamation Museum. The building has also been used as the British General Council or the British Consulate General.
In 1947, this building became the official residence of the Ambassador of the United Kingdom. A nationalization action against a foreign country was carried out, due to which the government intended to take over the building.
The building was then handed over to the Ministry of Finance and managed by PT Asuransi Jiwasraya. In 1961, the building was also commissioned by the British Embassy for 20 years, namely until 1981.
In fact, since 1976, Indonesia has been trying to designate the building as a historical monument. On November 25, 1980, a coordination meeting was held between the Welfare Sector of the Ministry of the Interior and the DKI Regional Government of Jakarta, which resulted in the building being declared a historical monument of Indonesia.
This decision was also supported by the Minister of Education and Culture and adopted on December 28, 1981. This provision was based on Government Decree No. 666 of 2015 as an institution whose functions include the protection, development, use of collections and communication to the public. .
The Ministry of Education and Culture received the building from PT Asuransi Jiwasraya, replacing the budget money of the General Directorate of Culture. The building was formerly operated by the DKI Regional Branch of the Jakarta Department of Education and Culture.
In 1984, the Minister of Education and Culture Prof. Dr. Nugroho Notosusanto ordered the director of the museum to turn the building into a Manuscript Proclamation Decoration Museum. Until, finally, on March 26, 1987, this building was transferred to the Directorate of Museums and became the Museum for the Design of Proclamation Manuscripts.
Authors: Annisa Fianni Sisma