Fire at the Elephant Museum destroyed four prehistoric exhibition halls

News & Event13 Views

Klinik Farma – The fire, which broke out at the National Museum or Elephant Museum, spread to four rooms in Building A on Saturday (September 16, 2023) evening.

Building A itself is where prehistoric objects are displayed.

“(The fire) in Building A is a prehistoric exhibition hall,” said Central Jakarta Police Chief Kombes Komarudin at Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat, Central Jakarta, Saturday (September 16, 2023).

He stated that the room in the right wing of building A caught fire.

Read also:Fire at the National Museum as officers attempt to evacuate a collection of historical objects

“Of the losses that we know of, the fire affected four rooms in building A. There was a room in the right wing, then in the middle there were two rooms that had storage areas, which actually had a waiting room,” he added.

According to Komarudin, four rooms collapsed as a result of the fire because the building materials were considered flammable.

At the same time, Komarudin said that there were no casualties in this incident. However, there was a firefighter who lost consciousness while putting out the fire.

“There were no injuries, but there was a firefighter who looked weak, but he was evacuated,” Komarudin said.

It was previously reported that the fire occurred at the National Museum or Elephant Museum on Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat, Gambir, Central Jakarta.

Read also:Fire at the National Museum, 52 people involved

Just recently, the Central Jakarta Fire and Rescue Service Unit (Sudin Gulkarmat) dispatched 56 personnel to extinguish the fire.

“The total strength of units and personnel is 14 units with 56 personnel,” Central Jakarta Gulkarmat Division Chief Asril Rizal said in a statement on Saturday (09/16/2023).

The initial deployment consisted of seven fire engines with 21 personnel. Then the number of officers and fire engines was increased several times.

The fire occurred around 20.00 local time. Firefighters arrived at the scene around 20.07 local time and immediately began extinguishing the fire.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *